Saturday, March 29, 2008

Whole Lot of Posting Going On....

First things first....

Dallan got a 1st Class PFT (physical fitness test)! This is the best of the best in the company. He's been working towards this for as long as we've been married and he was finally able to do it (and right before they discuss promotions; he has immaculate timing....)! He did 10 straight pull ups, up from 7 before. 115 crunches in 2 minutes, up from 98 and ran the 3 miles in 21 mins and 3 sec, up from 24 minutes and some odd seconds (side note: I'd be excited if I could do a small fraction of any of this...). He was pretty jazzed about all of this and I'm so proud of him.

On another note, I went and saw Stop Loss last night. I can't explain why I HAD to do this; I know it teeters on the sick and twisted but I needed to see what Dallan's been seeing-what they've all been seeing and feeling-so that I know what we may be up against when he returns. It was heartbreaking and horrific and honest. I was crying the whole time and even more when I left and got home to see Dallan's pictures; especially the ones in uniform.

This war is so much more than who's right and who's wrong. It's more than a religion. The price of oil. The pride involved. It's about the soldiers, airmen, marines that are doing something that most of us couldn't do. It's a tough job; an honorable job. So...thank them whenever you can. Love them unconditionally. Pray for them without fail and welcome them home where they belong.

Here's a link for the movie just in case you haven't see much about it....

http://www.fandango.com/videos/102121

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well said!!! you were very BRAVE to go see it i'm not sure i could were i in your situation! GOOD for Dallan for his GReat test!!! your going to have one BUFF boy when he gets home!!!
hugs
Ky

Cathy said...

Too good to see what you're up to. Carol said she had a great time visiting with you. Glad you're enjoying being back in CA!

The AR Lanes are doing great - Ashley is getting married May 23 in Provo so we'll be in Utah then.

Lots of love and prayers - Aunt Cathy