Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby...




How a year goes by....

Five years of waiting....

Six months of paperwork....

Two sets of government regulations.....

Countless stacks of paperwork....

AND THEN

Twenty Four hours on a plane....

Five visits to the Embassy....

One early decision to come home....

Three of us heading home....

AND THEN


Six months she crawled and learned to really laugh....

Seven months she could stand on her own, clap and found her fake laugh....

Eight months her feet hit the ground running as does her tongue: Mama and Dada come first....

Nine months she gave up her bottle for drinks with straws and talking is what she does best....

Ten months brings hysterics and giggles daily. She even laughs at her shots....

Eleven months; there is finally a tooth and she barks at dogs as they pass by....

Twelve months; it's here and she's growing like a weed. Time sure does fly by; here's to you little Ms. G!



Here's some other random pictures from the last little bit....




9 comments:

sheree said...

yay! Happy birthday, sweet Grace!!!

Stephanie said...

Can you even imagine your life without her? What an amazing journey year this has been for your family! Keep up the excellent work!

Kaitlan said...

WOW! I'm so happy for you little family! Happy Birthday to sweet little grace! Love you guys!

Mrs. Two Cents said...

Did you have a fabulous party to celebrate??? Hope it was fun!

Kristin said...

Wow!!!Happy birthday from our family to yours to you little princess!!

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

Hey Kirsten, it's katelyn westover. We found your blog through Kelly & Eric's and maybe a little blog stalking around. ;) anyway, grace has gotten sooooo big!!! she's darling! if you message me your email, ill add you to our blog. my email is westover.katelyn@gmail.com

Hillbilly Rockin' Robin said...

Please blog again soon. I'd love to hear aobut your recent visit to Ghana.

Mrs. Two Cents said...

When are you going to post more pictures of that cute girl???

Masiek said...

Oh Kirsten- what a beautiful post- I really need to keep up more with ours, but life just goes by so fast! I can't believe our girls are growing so fast!!! They are amazing aren't they?? I never knew motherhood could be so amazing, rewarding, fulfilling, difficult....I mean, I knew, but I really had no idea..I'm so happy for you and your family, I can tell you are just as happy and thrilled as we are...Give sweet Gracie a hug from her "sister" Zoey..I truly hope we can connect one day...(and thanks for your comment on my blog, it makes me happy to know someone feels the same!!!)