Saturday, October 10, 2009

Where to start....

Lots has happened since my last post, LOTS!

1. Grace was sealed to Dallan and I for time and all eternity in the Sacramento Temple on Aug. 1. On August second, Dallan gave her the sweetest blessing ever and we were very blessed to have so many of our friends and family come to support our new little family. Afterwards we had brunch and it was perfectly delicious; all in all it was more than we've ever dreamed of.

2. Also on Aug. 1, Morgan and I threw a baby shower for our sister Chelsea. It was beautiful if I do say so myself! Chelsea got a lot of stuff that she needed and the most beautiful crib ensemble ever! LOVED IT!!!

3. I started back to school! School is cool, school is cool.... I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. It's good to be back and I feel more motivated than I ever have. There is something about doing it for Grace that is keeping me on track.


4. We found out Dallan will be deploying again to Iraq. Sometime in mid-December we'll send him off for a six month tour in the sandbox. It's gonna stink and we're gonna miss him like crazy, but we're so thankful for his service and the benefits it brings into our lives.

5. Chelsea had her baby! The most beautiful little Guad-a-pean ever! (Her dad is Guatemalan and Chelsea's claiming her European heritage, hence guad-a-pean). She was 7 pounds of perfection. Morgan, Grace and I trekked down two days after she was born and had one of the best weekends ever! The family was together for the first time in many, many, MANY moons. .

6. Grace has learned to feed herself and is talking up a storm. My favorite word: Shoes. I've never been so proud! She also says: momma, daddy, kitty, God (this is actually dog...), shoe, fish, please, hi, baba, papa and tub. Now, if only she could get some teeth....

7. I finally attempted brushing her hair! What a difference this is from anything I've ever known! Hahaha....I only got through half before there was a complete breakdown. G has SO much hair! It took us about two hours to brush what we did and so she is sporting a new style for a bit.

8. We are buying a house. We're looking for the long term so it's been interesting looking. We love to house shop; we're just feeling overwhelmed by so many options. Hopefully we will close on something before Dallan deploys so I can move in when our lease is up here in Concord.

9. The holidays are a comin'! It's been so different with a little one; normally I could really care less about Halloween but this year is just so different. We've got her costume (she's going to be a bumble bee) and we took a trip to the pumpkin patch. It's been amazing to do this stuff; I'm more thankful than I've ever been



10. Life is super good and amazing. We've been talking a lot about "this time last year"...Grace wasn't even a thought last year and next month she'll celebrate her first birthday! It's crazy to think how different life can be from one year to the next!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad for the update! Grace is simply stunning! What a beautiful family you have.

We love you guys!

Kaitlan said...

wow!!! you guys are crazy busy!! I didnt know you guys are going to buy a house! that is absolutely wonderful and i cant believe that grace has grown up so much! ...sigh. I also cant believe she is almost a year old!

Lanes said...

Good luck on the house hunt. We just went through that whole process. We were blessed to know the right house when we saw it and I hope you have the same experience. Grace is such a cutie!

..Kris Naven.. said...

What an angel! I enjoyed the update, and it was so nice seeing you at Nicole's wedding! I'm glad things are going so well! Take care, and keep keeping us updated! :)

sheree said...

wow, lots going on for your family!

Gabby is also going to be a bumble bee for halloween!

Grace is as cute as ever! Good luck with all that's going on!

Val said...

You guys are so great. It sure is much more fun to do things when you have kids isn't it? Grace is such a sweetie pie! I loved her hair on Sunday. Way cute, too bad it is so hard. I'm sure you'll get the hang of how it works.

Melanie Stevens said...

Grace is such a cutie! It sounds like you've got lots going on. Good luck with the house hunt and sorry to hear Dallan is going to Iraq again.