Monday, May 18, 2009

We're Coming Home as a Threesome

We're just returning from the embassy and THE dreaded chance that we could be leaving without Grace....and we're not! WOO FREAKIN' HOO!!!! They approved her VISA with no problems and told us we could pick it up on Friday and board our flight home on Saturday evening. I think the gentleman that was helping us was so charmed by little Gracie that he wanted to do anything he could to make us happy! Thank goodness she is such a doll! After all this time, waiting and praying, hoping and begging, crying and laughing we will be united in our home in less than a week. Thanks for all your prayers; we felt them strongly.

In addition to the appointment there was the stress of meeting Linda, Grace's birth mother. It's hard to explain these emotions; we weren't so worried about her wanting Grace back or anything (and legally she'd have no ground to stand on even if she did) we just didn't want to rub it in her face. I imagined it would be devastating to see another woman loving on your daughter. Linda was very quiet and kept her distance. All she said to us was "she looks like you guys. She's very happy." I guess I couldn't ask for anything more. Linda asked to take a picture and we snapped some too and then she handed Grace back. I hugged her and said thank you and then she left. It was over before it even started.

Here are some pictures of Grace with her birth mother Linda and the three of us with Linda.


5 comments:

Emily Rocks said...

Bring on the ugly cry! Thanks! We are so very happy for you guys! :) What a relief to be on the other side of all of this! :) I'm glad things went well with Linda. Shes right, Grace totally looks like you guys! :) Love you guys SO much! Cant wait to see you all together next weekend!

Emily@emilysleftovers said...

Oh I feel so relieved too!! I am saying a bunch of thank you prayers right now- thank you that they finally get to come home, that it went well, that Grace is safe and happy!!! On and on!! So many things to be thankful for!!! I am so excited to meet your new family! We love you three!!

Janna said...

YEY!!! I'm so happy for you! What a huge releif.

I'm praying that you enjoy the rest of your week there and have a safe trip home!

Emily@emilysleftovers said...

Ahhh!! No post Tuesday? I am dying over here!! Just kidding- I know you must be psycho busy- but I seriously am still missing my Gracie fix...we miss you guys!!

Stephanie said...

I'm soooo excited for you!