Friday, May 8, 2009

We're All Together


So much since the last post....

When we were dropped off at 10:30ish we were told by Percy that he was going to bring Grace to us between 4 and 5. We noticed however in our brief tour of the area that people seem to move at their own pace and clocks are seriously non existent. So, we prepared ourselves for Grace and Percy to be late and arrive closer to 6ish. At 6:45 Dallan went down to the front desk to ask them to call Percy since we hadn't heard anything. After a call, we learned that Percy had gotten stuck in some traffic and would be about 40 minutes more. Again we added and hour for local pace. At 8:30 we wandered down to the restaurant to order some dinner and ask again about Percy. They said he was close. At 9:45 we still hadn't heard or seen anything so Dallan once again went down to the front desk to be connected to Percy but there was a new man working the desk and he had no idea what or whom we were talking about! By this point I was pacing and freaking out. We didn't know what else to do so I whipped out the laptop and was in the process of sending Jen (the Director at the Agency and our social worker) an email about the whole thing. I seriously was beginning to wander if we'd ever see this little girl! No sooner had I typed the address in the line we heard a car pull up and Dallan went to the window. Sure enough it was Percy and a woman from the orphanage with Grace. Dallan waved, Percy waved back and we headed down to the lobby to meet them both.

Juliet has been Grace's main caretaker thus far. She was a beautiful woman and completely dedicated to our little one. It made me happy to know she was being so well taken care of and that so many people loved her. After a few minutes of talking shop with Percy about today and Juliet about feeding/sleeping routines we were sent on our way.

Climbing those stairs with Grace and her gear was so surreal. Here she finally was in Daddy's arms. She took to Dallan right away and giggled at all the noises he makes. They danced a little and played airplane while I fixed her bottle. Then I got some snuggle time and fed her her bottle and changed her diaper. She has these ponytails all over her head that I have wanted to remove from the first picture so I started on that but the things are in tight and on the second one she had had enough! She can definitely scream when she wants! Luckily it was just sleepiness that had washed over her and after a couple minutes of gentle bouncing she was calm enough to change her into pajamas and rock her to sleep. Dallan snuggled her on the bed while I prepped the 4am bottle feeding (which, yay for us she hasn't needed yet!) and then we put her to bed. We have no other option but co-sleeping right now, which we are against; but laying there with her in between us was something I was unprepared for. I watched her all night through every peep and movement (and seriously this girl is a worm; all over the place all night!). She is still asleep as its 5:30 here but we're as awake as can be. More later....

9 comments:

Emily@emilysleftovers said...

AHHHHH!!! I am SOOOO happy and jumping up and down and just crying and sooo excited for you!!! I love you all three and I can't wait to snuggle her and I am just sooo happy for you that now your family is complete!!! I am sooo Happy for you!! I love you!!!!

Emily Rocks said...

Congrats mommy and daddy! :) So happy to hear she is with you and happy and safe at last. Hope you get some sleep hahahahahahahahaha! :) love ya'll!

Unknown said...

WHAT A GREAT PICTURE of your forever FAMILY!!! I'm so HAPPY for you guys!!!
YEA!!! Hey just a little advice about the pony tails.. I know my kiddo had different consistncy hair BUT i ALWAYS cut out her pony tails when she was that age unless they are BIG elastics you can usually just break them with your fingers.. allot easier than pulling them out!
good luck and KEEP POSTING and letting us in on this great time!!!

Stephanie said...

I am happy crying for you. What a beautiful family. I'm so happy you are together - only a little while more and you'll be able to take her home!!

sheree said...

Holy sweetness! She is absolutely precious and I am so ecstatic for you!

Enjoy your time with your precious girl.

Janna said...

WOOOOO HOOOO! All the waiting is finally over! Praise the Lord!

I'm so excited for you. The 3 of you make a beautiful family!

I'll be praying for continued safety and a joyful time with your little girl in Ghanna!

Clint and Kaitlan said...

ok seriously I'm crying! haha! I love it! She is so cute! Congrats you too!

Janielle said...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhh...I am so excited for your sweet lil' family! She is soooooooo cute!!!! I can't wait to hear more updates! Have fun snuggling, bonding and getting minimal sleep....Congartulations you guys!! Love you!!

Masiek said...

Congrats on meeting your little Grace...she's beautiful...enjoy every millisecond with her...Happy Mother's Day!