Sunday, October 12, 2008

NKOTB

I'm ridiculous. That's it, in a nut shell....

When I was 9 I so desperately wanted to go see New Kids On The Block, but my mom wouldn't let me. After Friday night I can see why, but at the time I was devastated. I LOVED them, couldn't she understand that? Sadly they broke up when I was 10 and I never got to see them in concert. When I was 15 Joey Mac and Jordan Knight had solo albums. My sister, cousin and some friends saw them perform that summer. We were in the front row. They looked right at us. They were amazing and we cried....

When I heard they were reuniting I told Dallan I was going to the concert. When the concert dates/locations were announced I was bummed to see the price of tickets and came to accept my presence at their show would just never happen. Thursday afternoon, an old acquaintance sent an email telling me she needed to get rid of two tickets and was going to sell them at a loss to her. I called Morgan since she was planning on coming down anyways and asked her to come, she said yes. Then on Friday morning when I was talking with my friend she mentioned that there was a third ticket available and wanted to know if I'd like that one too. Heck yes I did! I asked my friend Emily to come along and she was just as excited as Moe and I.

We got there right in time. The lights dimmed and the screens started to display graphics. The band was hitting notes and the next thing you know there they are. It was absolutely deafening. I almost couldn't breathe and yes, I cried again. I totally embarrassed my sis and girlfriend but I couldn't help it. It was so freakin' awesome.

When we got home and Dallan asked how it went all I said was, "I could die in my sleep tonight and feel like my life was complete." Poor guy - he's so amazing for understanding my obsessive attachment to all things boy band related - he laughed and tucked me in to bed. I obviously didn't die, but its one more thing I can cross off my bucket list!





1 comment:

sheree said...

okay. that seriously had me cracking up! I love that you cried, haha!