Friday, June 13, 2008

Time For A Little Catch Up....

Wow, are we seriously half way through June (and more to the point, a whole other year?!?!)? It seems like Dallan and I have been running in circles these last few weeks, so here's a nice montage of what we've been up to....

On May 31st, we had two weddings that we were lucky enough to attend. The first one was at the Sacramento LDS temple in Rancho Cordova. We feel so blessed that we were included in this very special occasion and couldn't be happier that their faithful waiting has finally paid off. After their sealing, we made our way back to Roseville so I could take a nap before heading up to Winchester (due North above Auburn, CA) for the wedding of one of my dearest longtime friends, Kirby. I can remember a time before Matt, but before him Kirby was never this happy. One of the best things about good ol' friends, is other good ol' friends. It was the first time in years that we were together.

We thought that once we survived wedding season, life would be lazy summer days. I couldn't wait to get into the pool and just relax with Dallan. I soon discovered, however, that pool days are funner with a 15 month old.... Since Dallan is not working right now, he's been marvelous to some friends of ours by watching their little girl Bella while they are at work. She is hilarious and Dallan and her adore each other. Who knew Dallan would go from combat training to lunching, hair styling and phones non-stop. Here are some of my fave Bella pictures....




With Dallan settling in, and both of us adjusting, I've decided to break from the Make-A-Wish Foundation for an opportunity much closer to home. Although I will totally miss the mission, my coworkers and Raiser's Edge, I'm very much looking forward to a new challenge.

Basically, we're doing fabulous and having the time of our lives!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a whirlwind of stuff going on for you guys but ALL GREAT~! glad things are going well and you two are happy and healthy and on US Soil!! (until you go traveling of coarse but that doesn't count you'll be together and for FUN!!!) big hugs!
KyLeyne

Mrs. Two Cents said...

Glad to hear you are both doing so well. Hope you are also having a lot of fun. Fill me in on all the new job details. --Mer