Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fit 2 the Core

My friend Emily and I have been working out at Fit 2 the Core for a few months now. We've been going an average of three times a week for an hour's worth of circuit training. In the past couple weeks we've found our niche at 5am (yes, I'm actually up AND working out then....). Emily's been having great success; every time she's on the scale she's down something and you can totally see her body changing. It's been great to see her go, but.... I can't tell a difference at all. I'm actually up 5 pounds and everyone keeps telling me that "muscle weighs more than fat" and while I can feel the muscle, I also don't feel any different and I was really starting to get discouraged. Well, today we went and had our measurements taken and it was GREAT!!! I've lost four inches in my waist and three in my hips and about a 1/2 inch from my neck, arm, thigh and calf. WOO HOO it's finally paying off!!!

5 comments:

..Kris Naven.. said...

That's awesome! Great job- working out is the best, and I've heard it is better if you have a friend to work out with, because they keep you motivated! I'm so happy for you! :) Congrats, and keep up the good work!

sheree said...

that is awesome Kirsten! I am actually going through the same thing right now...I have been working out and noticed I was UP about four pounds yesterday and I was SO upset. I look thinner though and today the weight came back down...phew.

Melanie Stevens said...

I am very impressed!! 5 a.m. is very early! When we lived in Spanish Fork I tried to get up at 6to work out at the church with some ladies in the ward and it didn't last long. I couldn't drag my butt out of bed! That's great you're starting to see the results!

Janna said...

Wow!!! Great job!

I'm seriously impressed. Working out at 5am takes dedication. I'm trying to get myself modivated. Do you have any extra modivation you can send my way? :)

Emily Rocks said...

YAY for us!!! You are doing so well kirst! :) It is so much better working as a team. I know its discouraging and I hate that you feel that way, especially when we do the EXACT same thing everyday. I'll bet you anything you're in a size 2 before I am! hahahahahahahahaha